Liposuction is a popular cosmetic procedure in Atlanta. It is used to remove excess fat from various parts of the body. Popularly known as lipoplasty or liposculpture, the procedure is used to remove fat from thighs, chin, buttocks, abdomen, waist, and other areas. The procedure works well for both men and women.
The procedure is not an alternative to exercise and dieting nor is it a weight loss method. It is used to remove stubborn fat from the body that does not respond to exercise and diet.
If you are considering this option and want to ensure the best results, here are some important measures you need to take before liposuction.
- Are you the right candidate: A candidate for Liposuction is a person of average weight. Overweight people are advised to reduce the weight first then consider the surgery.
- Understanding the procedure: You should be aware of what liposuction can do for you. Be sure to have realistic expectations from the procedure. The procedure removes extra fat deposits and enhances body contour.
- What are the latest techniques?: Update yourself on the latest Liposuction surgery techniques. The newest in the league are SmartLipo and SlimLipo, techniques which utilize lasers to help liquify and remove fat as well as tighten the skin.
- Look for a reliable plastic surgeon: Search for a reliable, licensed and qualified plastic surgeon. Make sure the plastic surgeon you choose is up to date on all the latest technology. Also, be sure he is experienced and has a high success rate. Don’t fall prey to false claims.
Questions you need to ask a cosmetic surgeon
- What can I expect from the surgery?
- Where will the procedure take place?
- When can I get back to your normal activity?
- Which technique will be used to remove fat from my body?
Things you should know:
The procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia. The incisions made are usually less than a centimeter or two. After the surgery, you will be asked to wear a compression garment to help speed healing. There may be skin tightening and improvements that go on after surgery for as long as three to six months, even longer when SmartLipo or SlimLipo is used.
Contact Dr Win Pound for liposuction in Georgia. Our Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is licensed, qualified and experienced to carry out the surgery in an effective way, giving you the results you want.
Give us a call at 404.256.1400 to schedule your complimentary consultation.